Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Just Do It.

I was leaving my 8th period class when one of my close friends said "Wait for me! I need to ask you a question!" So I said I would wait outside the door. He came out, and put his sweatshirt over my head, and proceeded to walk me through the halls as his 'tumor'. As I was guided by him blindly, a thought came to my mind. "Maybe he's helping someone ask me to sweethearts!" I got kind of excited, thinking maybe I was being asked.

Nope.

He was just being his crazy random self. While I did get a good laugh out of it, I was slightly let down. It just seemed like the perfect set up! And this my friends, is why I should stop over thinking things. Because then, you don't set such high expectations, and you can't be let down if you don't expect anything! And when something awesome happens, you are pleasantly surprised!

Sure, I don't need to be asked to sweethearts. I would be totally cool if I wasn't, and do something else fun on that day. But it'd still be a great compliment to recieve. It's like someone saying "You are awesome! Let's hang out and have an excuse to look nice!" Who wouldn't like that?

Either way, the message of this post is this- Boys, ask a girl to a dance. Because even if the date is terrible, and super awkward, you'll at least get a good story out of it. When people are throwing around stories about bad dates, you can chime in! And if the date goes well, you can brag about how good of a time you had! So it's really a win win situation. And they say you will always regret the things you didn't do more than the things you did.

Also, something to consider, if you don't go to the dance, there will be some lonely girl who cries while all her friends go to the dance and she stays home and thinks boys hate her.

You don't want to make a girl cry? Right? So ask! And heck, if you don't want to go to the dance, just ask a girl on a date who isn't going and do something else fun instead. Just don't leave a girl home crying!

3 comments:

Catie said...

I feel exactly the same way...

Want to hear a sad story? I was talking about a capella dresses in the hall, and one girl is like "who asked you?!" and I'm like, I wish.

yeah, let down.
I'm sure you'll get asked, and if you don't we will watch chick flicks and cry/hate boys together!
:)

#1 rule: don't have expectations because then you can't get let down

~EmmaMarie said...

I agree, except on one small part...don't stop hoping, because if you don't have dreams then you never get anywhere.

It will be okay! Umm, can I join your chick flick party if all else fails?

Lolovivi said...

I didn't go to the dance and I'm alive... I made pizza no crying involved :D Then again I only wanted to go with one person and knew they wouldn't ask me... :D You went and had fun... pointless comment on my part i think... yes!