Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas is a Time for Love!

Well it's that time of year! A time when we all can come together and celebrate. Christmas is a beautiful time, because it brings people together. It's made me realize that I really do love a lot of people, and I should stop treating them so crummy. I don't exactly appreciate everyone I have, so let me make this clear- I love you! And I am not just saying that in a casual way, because love has become such an over used word. I honestly love you, no matter how well I know you. My heart is boiling over with love for so many people, it's not even funny. But it sure does make me smile :)

About two years ago I lost my grandma right before Christmas. I didn't realize how much I loved having her around until she was gone. That's when all my guilt hit me, for all the times I never went to her house to visit, for all those times I rolled my eyes when we stayed at their house for longer than we expected. I felt like such a jerk. She always did so much for me, and I never got much of a chance to return all of her kindness and love. So I would recommend that you always remember to tell someone how you feel, how you appreciate them, be honest with them, and do something kind for them. Because you never know when they will be gone.

And, in a Christmas spirit, here is a Christmas poem my Grandpa wrote. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, I love you! Enjoy!

CHRISTMAS REMEMBERED

O sweet remembered bygone days
Of youthful Christmas joys.
A time of children’s Christmas plays
And children’s Christmas toys.

We trimmed the green and fragrant tree
Then crowned it with a star.
The kitchen was our bakery
And cookies filled each jar.

We sang the carols of Holy Birth
And songs of Santa Claus;
Songs of Bethlehem and Peace On Earth,
Of Silver Bells and Reindeer’s Paws.

Through the years the child has grown,
But memories still impart
A yearning for that childhood home
Within an aging heart.


E. SCOTT THOMAS

With oodles of love, and tidings of comfort and joy,
Tom

No comments: