Thursday, December 02, 2010

F# B D... Three notes that instantly lift me up.

Video game music. I honestly love it. Call me a nerd, or a dork or whatever you want. I really don't care. I just love video game music. If you actually listen to the music on this blog, chances are you have heard at least one of the many video game songs I love.

The reason I love it so? It always makes me happy.

I don't connect it with any painful human memories. I don't have any lyrics to put me down. But it is still packed with emotion and beauty. Yeah, it sounds awful sappy to say for a song that is in a video game, but it's just good stuff.

When I am feeling stressed out or just feel like I want to cry, I can turn on two songs that instantly make me relax. I don't know any other power in the world besides music that does that. Maybe true love does, but I don't know that end of things yet (as much as I'd like to say I do [Ha! I do. It's kind of like a pun... haha yeah that was bad. And unintentional, for the record.]).

And for those wondering about the title, it refers to Aerith's Theme from Final Fantasy 7. A beautiful song if you ask me. :)

Writen with NERDY love,
Tom

No comments: